The Wedding Invitation Newspaper
Different than an announcement, an invitation is much more personal. With a newspaper, you have a lot more ability to personalize the invitation to those you are trying to invite to your wedding. MakeMyNewspaper has seen many different designs and wedding newspaper invitations over the years. We've come to realize that what people love about this type of invitation is the freedom they have to really produce something classy, unique, and creative without breaking the bank.
What's a Newspaper Invitation?
In short, it is an actual, real, tabloid newspaper that contains all the information you want your wedding quests to know. Here at MakeMyNewspaper, we offer two sizes: 11x14 and 11x17. Both sizes give you a tremendous amount of space to make your newspaper program special. Your newspaper will have a minimum of 4 pages, so you have the room to add all the information you want.
Why Would You Want One?
There are several reasons why you would want a newspaper for your wedding invitations:
- Because you want to give a keepsake friends and family.
- Because you want to share your story with your family and friends in a manner that everyone will enjoy.
- Because you need more room than the standard wedding invitation would afford.
- Because you want to make a lasting impression.
- Because you want something personally to remember this special time of your life.
- Because you want the invitation to be more personal.
These are just a few of the reasons why you might decide to get a newspaper program for your wedding. When it comes down to it, your wedding should be a special day—your day. You will naturally want all of your friends and family to celebrate your upcoming matrimony. These newspapers can help you do just that.
Is It Difficult?
Making a wedding invitation newspaper is not difficult, but it may take you some time. You will need to design a minimum of 4 pages and that’s a lot of content. But conversely, you will enjoy the process! You will relive those moments that you put in the paper. You can add many photos, have others write pieces to include, and write about how you and you met, got engaged, announce when and where the wedding will take place, and tell of your plans for the future.
We provide design software and templates to ease the workload for you, but with our Designer and templates, you have complete control and can let your creative side shine.
What Should I Put in It?
Before you begin, or even after you begin, you may want to consider the following to put in your newspaper invitation:
- Your Story (how you met, your courtship, your engagement, and your future plans)
- Details of the when and where the ceremony and reception are to take place
- Details of the rehearsal and perhaps rehearsal dinner
- Order of Service
- The Bridal Party if chosen already (names, short biography of each, and pictures)
- Don’t forget the Officiant if chosen already
- Your Vows if decided upon already
- Tribute to your parents
- Tribute to mentors, friends, and other influences
- Marriage advice articles written by family and friends
- Parallel timelines of both of you from childhood (don’t forget the pictures!)
- Personalized word searches, crossword puzzles, jokes, and comics
And anything else you’d want. Put some or all of the suggestions above, but when you are done, you will have something completely unique, personal, and memorable. People will absolutely love these when they get them in the mail, or are handed one, or find one in their door!
Need Some Inspiration?
Check out these real newspapers created by some of our customers:
How Do I Begin?
Choose any of the front page templates below to get started. You can always replace it with another, and you can mix and match any of the inside page templates as you like. Just click on your choice and you’ve started!
Create Your Own Wedding Invitation Newspaper
Our templates are 100% customizable, super user-friendly, and designed specifically to help you create outstanding invitations for your wedding with our free Cloud Designer. Below are a few of the 100s of templates available to you.