Terms of Service
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully. These terms and conditions may have changed since your last visit to the site and are subject to change. By using the site, you indicate your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, then do not use the site.
TURNAROUND / DELIVERY CONDITIONS
For Newsprint Orders of 500 Copies and Less: You agree to abide by the following turnaround and shipping schedule: All orders of 500 copies and less are completed and out the door within 3 business days after the order is placed. Transit times begin on the day your order is shipped. Example: If an order is placed on a Thursday for 100 copies, UPS Ground, the order will be shipped no later than Tuesday of the next week (assuming there is no holidays in that time period). Ground will take 2 to 5 business days from the day your order is shipped.
For Newsprint Orders of 750 Copies and More: You agree to abide by the following turnaround and shipping schedule: All orders of 750 copies and more are completed and out the door within 4 business days after the order is placed. Transit times begin on the day your order is shipped. Example: If an order is placed on a Thursday, the order will be shipped no later than Wednesday of the next week (assuming there is no holidays in that time period). Then there will be transit times from the printer to you, which will vary. Tracking information for UPS is sent via email on the day it is shipped. For drop shipping, tracking information is sent via email one day after it is shipped. Holidays may delay printing and shipping.
UPS Shipping: UPS declares that ground is delivered within 2 to 5 days depending upon delivery location. UPS does not necessarily deliver on weekends, so it is possible that Next Day Air and 2nd Day Air will not arrive until Monday.
For eNewspapers and PDFs: You agree to abide by the following conditions: eNewspaper and PDF orders will be rendered within an hour (typically within 15 minutes). It will be available in your account and you will receive an email with instructions and a link to access your eNewspaper and PDF.
SHIPPING PACKAGING AND FOLDING SPECIFICATIONS FOR PRINTED ORDERS
You agree to accept the following methods of shipment and packaging for printed orders:
Folding: All newspapers are half folded, then quarter folded, unless quarter folding is specifically requested not to be done. We do not carry boxes for half fold, so there may be an additional packaging fee for half fold only requests . The top half of your first page will be the visible front of your newspaper. For 11x14, this would be the top 7 inches. For 11x17, this would be the top 8 1/2 inches.
For UPS Orders: We ship UPS in either large envelopes or boxes that accommodate 11x14 and 11x17 quarterfolded newspapers.
For Drop Ship Deliveries: Newspapers will be bundled, stacked on a pallet, and securely protected by shrink wrap.
Shipping Upgrades: Shipping upgrades may be made by calling customer service up until the day before shipment. Once shipment has been turned over to the carrier, no upgrades are possible.
Final Quality of Printed Newspapers
If your supplied artwork uses ignorantly large images that take up a lot of space on your page, it may create creases in the newsprint when run on a digital press (5000 copies or less). We cannot offer a refund or a reprint if this happens. It is beyond our control.
MAKING CHANGES TO PRINTED NEWSPAPERS
You agree to the following conditions regarding desired changes to your printed newspapers:
Once your PDF has been downloaded by our printer, no further changes can be made. There is no specific date or time frame that this could happen as it depends upon scheduling and print availability.
In the event your project is designed in a page size that does not meet the size you chose in your order (I.E. you chose 11x14 to print, but your project is designed as 11x17), we reserve the right to print your newspaper on the correct size in which it was built. These sizes are not proportional, so we can't print 11x14 on 11x17 or vice versa. This may require that we charge you additional printing and shipping costs. This process is automatically done via software, not human interaction.
Refunds for Designer Pro Subscriptions
No refunds are available on Designer Pro Subscriptions:
Paid Design Services
You agree to the following conditions regarding the purchase of paid design services with MakeMyNewspaper.com. Upon purchase of design services, you will be contacted by one of our graphics designers within 2 business days. You agree to choose a template set that the graphics designer will use to design your newspaper. You agree to supply all needed content, such as pictures, images and text, no later than 45 days of placing a design service order. Client’s newspaper design will be completed no later than the 60th day after design service purchase using what content that was made available to the designer. You agree that the final PDF proof will terminate your agreement with design services when either you approve the proof or the 60 days have elapsed. PLEASE NOTE that these prices do not include design for restaurant menus or other designs requiring a greater than normal number of text and pictures.
CONDUCT OF USERS
You agree that you will not:
- Transmit via or through the Site any information, data, text, files, links, software, chat, communication or other materials that is or which Makemynewspaper.com considers to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, racially or ethnically hateful or otherwise objectionable.
- Attempt to transmit any “virus”, “Trojan horse” or other software destruction or disruption device.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to, any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing the Site or in connection with your use of the Site, in any manner.
- Invade the privacy or violate any personal or proprietary right (including intellectual property rights) of any person or entity.
- Submit photo nudity or sexually explicit material of any kind for printing through Makemynewspaper.com.
Makemynewspaper.com has the sole discretion to determine whether Content is Prohibited Content, and any Content submitted to the Service may be subject to examination from time to time. Although Makemynewspaper.com does not and will not examine or otherwise review all Content submitted or transmitted to the Service, Makemynewspaper.com may delete, move, and edit Content for any reason, at any time, without notice.
- By choosing the "Public" profile when ordering from Makemynewspaper.com, you agree unconditionally that your submitted design or PDF and consequent published newspaper, either in print or digitally, may be publicly displayed on our website(s), websites determined as Social Media or Public Sharing or distributed via sample packets. Submitted newspapers may also be used for promotion for Makemynewspaper.com. Makemynewspaper.com will not use said content for any other purpose. Any said content is still solely owned by the user. Posted materials cannot be revoked, and any user who does NOT want their content distributed or displayed or promoted must choose the "Private" profile option.
- All content (whether private or public) that is processed on the site is the sole responsibility of the person(s) who submitted it. Thus, users are responsible for their Content, not Makemynewspaper.com in any way, shape or form.
- Makemynewspaper.com is a printer, not a publisher, so all content and editorial within any user's product is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user, and not Makemynewspaper.com or its affiliates in any manner. All content within any product printed by Makemynewspaper.com is by the sole decision and responsibility of the user.
- By using Makemynewspaper.com you agree to abide by our specifications page for submitting a PDF for print. Makemynewspaper.com is not responsible for the quality of the printed newspapers if those specifications are not followed.
- Makemynewspaper.com does not provide printed or digital proofs. Unlimited digital proofs are available with any Designer Pro subscription.
- Any newspaper order where the state of production has reached a point of printing plates having been made or the newspaper has been printed, may not be cancelled for any reason.
- Makemynewspaper.com will host eNewspapers and PDFs on our servers for two years at which time they will be purged from our system. In order to retain a permanent copy, please download the PDF to your computer. At that time, subscribers may then re-upload their PDF and create a new eNewspaper for two more years. Non-subscribers may upload and order a new eNewspaper.
- Projects that have had no activity for eighteen (18) months will be purged from our system.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of this site's owner or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of this site's owner and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of this site's owner or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
MakeMyNewspaper.com may terminate your use of MMNC Websites at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, without prior notice to you and without any liability or further obligation of any kind whatsoever to you or any other party. MakeMyNewspaper.com also reserves the right to use any technological, legal, operational, or other means available to enforce these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, blocking specific IP addresses or access to the Web Sites.
Any comments, suggestions, proposals or other feedback (collectively “Feedback Information”) provided to MakeMyNewspaper.com in connection with the operation or content of this Site shall be provided by the submitter and received by MakeMyNewspaper.com on a non-confidential basis. All such comments, suggestions, and other information shall become the exclusive property of MakeMyNewspaper.com. By submitting any such information to MakeMyNewspaper.com you agree that you are transferring and assigning, at no charge, all of your right, title and interest in the information, including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights. You agree that MakeMyNewspaper.com shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
This site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. No representations or warranties of any kind are made, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, this site's owner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. This site's owner does not warrant that this site, its servers, or e-mail sent from this site are free of viruses or other harmful components. This site's owner will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.